Monday, October 8, 2012
Using twitter for educational purposes
Once I created my twitter account, I spent a few time exploring this tool, in order to learn a little bit more about it. I didn’t know much about Twitter before, and even less about its possible educational uses. After reading some of the articles related to the use of this resource, I would like to comment several ideas.
1. Tweet about upcoming due dates or assignments: It is easy to use it as a reminder of due dates and assignments. It is quick and you don’t need to text many characters.
2. Coordinate assignments: Twitter can be used for students to work in group projects.
3. Track a hash tag: Students and teachers can follow and communicate ideas about different issues of interest.
4. Write a story or poem: It is a good idea to use Twitter to engage students in poetry and improve writing and literacy skills through short poems and stories.
5. Ask questions.
7. : It is possible to establish a worldwide classroom network using Twitter as communication tool.
8. : Students in a foreign language class can build their reading skills and stay on top of the news with a foreign language news stream.
9. : I am actually following Bryan Alexander, the author of the New Digital Story Telling.
10. : Undoubtedly a great resource for word games.